POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Re: Interesting bug in Win, memory leak : Re: Interesting bug in Win, memory leak Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interesting bug in Win, memory leak
From: Chris Cason
Date: 9 Apr 2004 11:20:45
Message: <4076bf4d@news.povray.org>
"Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote
> Btw it would be a good idea to put dates also in formay DD-MM-YYYY imho,
> more comfortable for non-english speakers.

No it would not be a good idea to do so. DD-MM-YYYY format is practically
useless on an international web site, specifically because it (on its own)
lacks any context to tell if it's a US-style date or an international style
date (except in those cases where the day of the month is > 12). In particular
DD-MM-YYYY will confuse a *lot* of Americans.

For example are you able to tell me if 10-05-2004 is the 10th of May or the
5th of Oct ? If you say 'yes' then how ? It could be either, depending on
context and author. If you say 'no' then why do you suggest that format be
used for any date in preference for, e.g., the much clearer 'May 10th 2004' ?

-- Chris